Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Call of Duty Black Ops



Since the game came out, days of my life have been lost to Black Ops with no regrets. The story line was relatively short, but nonetheless eventful, and could easily be finished in one day of heavy gaming. The majority of my time, however, is spent playing Zombies and Multiplayer. I was a huge fan of World at War because of the Zombie maps, and had actually bought all the expansions for the zombie map alone. Unfortunately, in Black Ops, zombies has lost some of its appeal. Although the open spaces in the new maps leave more room for an offensive player to run, those of us that enjoy a more defensive game find that the massive new maps often make it relatively difficult for teammates to revive their wounded comrades. The maps that do appeal to a defensive player now have so many levels, loosing your team happens all too often. If I could ask for one thing of the next CoD game with Zombies, it would be that they make maps, big and small, appealing to all styles of game-play.

Now on to the multiplayer... I was never a huge fan of the mulitplayer until recently, with the Nuketown 24/7 promotion. Since then, nothing has been the same. Prior to the 24/7 promo, I was strictly a Team Deathmatch kind of player, which lead to long level grinding. But now, my eyes are opened to the wonders of Domination, Search and Destroy, and the other game modes. I have come to realize how easy it is to level up. My issue with the multiplayer in Black Ops is the completely overwhelming air support from the killstreaks. I am relieved  to hear that the developers have listened to the community and supposedly fixed the problem for MW3.

Overall, Call of Duty is an amazing franchise and I will definitely be purchasing the next installment and (to the dismay of my fiance) am highly anticipating the next set of zombie maps in CoD 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment