Saturday, June 23, 2012

Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter



I went to see this movie last night with some friends and my fiance and it was too good not to post about. IMDB only gives it a 3/5 and RottenTomatoes only gives it a 2/5. Don't be deterred by these low ratings, it’s totally worth it. If you like gore and laugh at inappropriate moments (Mary Todd Lincoln - "Abe we're going to be late to the theater" Que my friends laughing out loud in the theater), you'll love it. If you like movies with character development and historically accurate content, you'll hate it. I am a bit of a history buff so the fact that there are flags in the background with fifty stars when there weren’t fifty states at the time was slightly disappointing but I got over it. The vampires where a great (and I'm not really a fan of vampires, I prefer zombies) and Abe was a badass. Who wouldn't want to see the 16th president of the United States slaughtering countless numbers of vampires, and make a tree explode with one swing of an ax? I think that is about all I can really say without giving too much of the movie away. They did leave a bit of an open ending to where they could make a sequel, although it probably wouldn't include Abe, due to the whole John Wilkes Booth thing at the theater.

In the words of my good friends Nick and Cory "Best Movie Ever?"


No comments:

Post a Comment